Saturday 31 May 2014

2016 Justin Jackson Sweepstakes 1.0





Special by Brian Snow

Justin Jackson is one of the premier prospects in the class of 2016, and big time offers are coming his way.

Jackson played high school basketball in the United States for the first time as a sophomore at Henderson (Nev.) Findlay Prep this past season.

Now the talented Canadian native is running with Canada Elite on the AAU circuit and so far he has been very impressive.

20140523-161335.jpgAfter dominating in Canada his first year, Jackson went to Findlay Prep, had a good year, and feels he improved a lot.

“It was a really good experience,” said Jackson. “I had a chance to go against top competition every day in practice and then also in games.”

He continued, “I think I improved my guard skills. My jump shot has gotten a lot better, my handle is better, and also I feel like my foot speed has improved.”

Recruiting wise several top schools are beginning to make Jackson a priority.
“UNLV, Arizona, Florida, and Baylor are my offers,” he explained.

Arizona has had a lot of success recruiting at Findlay Prep recently, and Jackson listened all year to how good of a school Arizona is.

“My roommate at Findlay is Craig Victor and he always tells me how he wants me to come to Arizona and that it is a really good school,” said Jackson.

A school Jackson is very familiar with is UNLV. Not only is UNLV located minutes from Findlay, but also assistant coach Todd Simon has a longstanding relationship with Jackson.

“I have a close relationship with Coach Simon because he is the one who initially recruited me to Findlay,” said Jackson. “We talk here and there, and all of the coaches are really nice.”

Also the Florida Gators have put in some major work with Jackson and he is happy to hear from them.
“It is a blessing to hear from Florida,” said Jackson. “It is a good feeling to know my hard work is paying off, and I am glad they are showing interest.”

For now there is no specific timeframe for a commitment from Jackson, but he does have an idea of what he is looking for in a program.

“Honestly I am looking for freedom,” said Jackson. “I just feel that I am a versatile player so I want to play for a coach who lets his players have the freedom to make plays.”

No comments:

Post a Comment